Cool Forgotten Weapons merch! http://shop.forgottenweapons.com
Development of the .50 caliber Vickers guns began during World War One, but stagnated after 1918, and was not really completed until the early 1930s. At that point, Vickers produced a series of the guns for use primarily as armored vehicle armament and for antiaircraft use. It was formally adopted in 1933, and declared obsolete in 1944. A total of 1,117 were made for ground use, plus more for naval use. The ground guns ran from MkI to MkV, with today’s example being a MkIV.
6281 N. Oracle 36270
Tucson, AZ 85740